Dispatcher, Motor Vehicle
Location: Fort Riley, KS, USA
Employment Class: SCA (Non-Exempt)
Pay Rate/Range: $16.51
Pay Type: Hourly
This position is responsible for the assignment of Department of Public Works motor vehicles and drivers for conveyance of freight or passengers, and compiles lists of available vehicles. The assignment of vehicles is determined by factors such as length and purpose of trip, freight or passenger requirements, and preference of user. Additional responsibilities include the issuance of keys, record sheets, and driver credentials. The Dispatcher records time of departure, destination, cargo, expected time of return and investigates overdue vehicles. The Dispatcher may confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed or damaged merchandise, maintain record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made, and other expenses. The Dispatcher may establish service or delivery routes, supervise loading and unloading, issue equipment to drivers, (such as hand trucks, dollies, and blankets), direct activities of drivers, assign helpers to drivers, work at vehicle distribution centers, and assign vehicles to customer agencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of U.S. Army transportation procedures and logistics information systems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- G-Army experience and working knowledge a must.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 pounds
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment
- Ability to obtain a Computer Access Card (CAC) a requirement.
- Ability to obtain required clearance level as a back up to the Courier.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us