Heavy Mechanic, UME Program
Location: Fort Riley, KS, USA
Employment Class: SCA (Non-Exempt)
Pay Rate/Range: $23.90
Pay Type: Hourly
Reports directly to the Heavy Mechanic, Lead. Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, including all types of vehicles with emphasis on vehicles of 5 Tons or higher.
Duties & Responsibilities
This worker oversees, operates and inspects machines or equipment assisting in diagnosing, and dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A CDL is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of U.S. Army maintenance processes and logistics information systems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Filing records, reporting on use of materials, monitoring customer requests.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us