Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
Location: Fort Riley, KS, USA
Employment Class: SCA (Non-Exempt)
Pay Rate/Range: $25.37
Pay Type: Hourly
This position reports directly to the Allied Trades Supervisor. The Ground Support Equipment Mechanic diagnoses malfunctions and repairs Ground Support Equipment (GSE), advises and trains lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex repair/maintenance problems, inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications; uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A strong understand and working knowledge of G-Army.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Able to maintain external fuel and grounding systems, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE, inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation, services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air, diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications.
- This work also does the following: disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components, removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications, stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations.
- Prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles.
- In addition to maintaining vehicle records, this mechanic maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records for equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us