Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
Location: Fort Riley, KS, USA
Employment Class: SCA (Non-Exempt)
Pay Rate/Range: $25.37
Pay Type: Hourly
Marton Technologies, Inc (A Panum Group, LLC company), is looking for skilled individuals who are looking to be part of a growing company.
The Ground Support Equipment Mechanic – Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) diagnoses malfunctions and repairs on regular Ground Support Equipment (GSE), as well as specialized Emergency Vehicles (EV); they advise and train lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex repair/maintenance problems, inspects and approves completed maintenance actions, solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications; uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions, and analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE and EV using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
This mechanic maintains external fuel and grounding systems, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE/EV, inspects, tests, and operates GSE/EV to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation, services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air, diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications. This work also does the following: disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE/EV accessories and components, removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE/EV components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE/EV in accordance with technical publications, stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations. This mechanic prepares GSE/EV for storage and mobility deployment; and operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE/EV towing vehicles. In addition to maintaining vehicle records, this mechanic maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records, provides dispatch service for GSE/EV, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations, practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage prevention, and safety at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Checks and Service in accordance with manuals and Lubrication Orders to include all before, during, and after checks.
- Use a Logistics Information System (LIS) system to record maintenance services, repairs, and reporting for all work ordered equipment.
- Perform repair and maintenance functions to apparatus, equipment and sub components using professional high quality workmanship, district procedures, and nationally recognized repair methods.
- Transport fire apparatus, including fire engines, water tenders, ladder trucks, and other support vehicles to various locations for repair, maintenance and testing or as directed
- Notify immediately of all out-of-service issues discovered in accordance to the North American Out-of-Service Criteria and NFPA 1911.
- Prepare and submit proper documentation for all repairs, maintenance actions, labor and parts/material applied to apparatus and equipment to the ATBS.
- Keep ATBS informed as to the current condition and predicted future repairs and needs of apparatus and equipment.
- Make recommendations to the ATBS regarding substantial changes to apparatus and/or equipment configuration prior to occurrence.
- Respond off duty when directed for emergency repairs.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or other postsecondary training
- Must possess a valid State driver’s license with CDL endorsement.
- Preference may be given to candidates holding a degree or certificate of completion from an accredited automotive technical school.
- Preference will be given for candidates with heavy / medium duty ASE certifications or EVT certifications in fire apparatus.
- Knowledge of theory and operation for: diesel engines and fuel systems, centrifugal fire pumps, rotary vane pumps, positive displacement pumps, intake and discharge governors, valves and controls, truck drive train components, air and hydraulic systems, heavy duty electrical systems, multiplexed electrical systems, generators – hydraulic, gasoline and LPG, line voltage electrical systems.
- Must possess the skill and ability to diagnose and repair: diesel engines and fuel systems, centrifugal fire pumps, rotary vane pumps, positive displacement pumps, intake and discharge governors, valves and controls, all major truck drive train components and systems, air and hydraulic systems, heavy duty electrical systems, multiplexed electrical systems, generators – hydraulic, gasoline and LPG.
- Maintain adequate physical condition to perform the requirements of the job, and a High level of dexterity.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us