Controller for a Government Contractor
Location: Yorktown, VA, USA
Employment Class: Exempt
Pay Rate/Range: $70,000 - $100,000
Pay Type: Salary
Marton Technologies is looking for a Controller. Marton is part of the Panum family of companies and this position is located at Marton's corporate office in Yorktown. We need a senior level accountant who is an expert with Cost-Plus Accounting and has familiarity in working with federal agencies.
Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for the management of corporate accounts, preparation and management of budgets, audits, taxes, pricing proposals, financial planning, analyzing data, conducting statistical analysis, updating policy and procedures, and performing record-keeping functions; assist in the preparation and execution of contracts and subcontracts both as a Prime and subcontractor; providing financial reporting to management, and supervising employees assigned to the Finance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide oversight for all aspects of financial planning, control, revenue/margin planning and forecasting.
- Interface with program management on a regular basis, across numerous programs, to ensure all financial benchmarks, are accurate and reported in a timely manner. Support monthly CDRLs as needed.
- Provide estimating, pricing and negotiation support for the various contracts opportunities.
- Provide support to government accounting and pricing departments, as necessary, to support customer requests for information.
- Identify strategies that improve the bottom line, managing the financial risks of the Company, and serve as the primary point of contact with key vendors and partners.
- Oversee and manage the financial reporting for accuracy and timeliness, including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and reserve analysis.
- Report profitability by product/service and customer.
- Plan, develop, and implement financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Responsible for accurate and legal financial practices and reporting.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of corporate budgets and presents operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
- Analyze and monitor the integrity of the internal financial controls in conjunction with staff, management and outside auditors/accountants to improve the Company’s processes and accommodate significant growth.
Skills and Qualifications
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business management, or a related field
- Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred
- CPA certification, preferred
- Experience in financial management, strategic planning, budget analysis and development and account management
- Experience with cost accounting and government regulations
- Knowledge of government contracting procedures and federal regulations
- Understanding of DCAA/DCMA regulations, and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Basic Cost Accounting/Allocation
- Departmental/Division Budget Experience
- Able to display excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong background in Excel
- Able to work successfully with considerable independence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work and independently manage multiple, diverse and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; plan and develop meaningful objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create effective collaborations among various levels of staff and work in a team environment
- Work in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure
Must have experience with the following
- Experience in using Wide Area Workflow (WAWF)/IRAPT
- Experience in using QuickBooks
- Experience is submitting Cost Plus Incurred Cost Proposals to DCAA
- Familiarity with filing Corporate Tax Returns
- Extensive knowledge and experience with DoD Request for Quotes (RFQ) and preparation of proposals and bids for procurement of sourced products or services for government projects and programs
- Prepare quotations and manage the Price Volume as part of the Proposal Team. Develop the company’s Cost/Price Request for Proposal/Request for Quote (RFP/RFQ) using corporate processes and ensure cost volume meets proposal schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to build a Fully Burdened Labor Hour for a FFP, CPFF, etc. proposal.
- Develop and build, then send RFQs team mates as part of responding to a Government Proposal process. These RFQ’s will consist (as a minimum) a Request for Quote and a Cost Narrative.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain salary data on multiple sources (i.e. BLS, Salary.com etc.)
- Understanding of the governments LPTA environment versus “Best Value”.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us