Location: Fort Riley, KS, USA
Employment Class: Exempt
Pay Rate/Range: $62,000.00
Pay Type: Salary
The Environmental Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Environmental Program for our contract and contract personnel and facilities answering directly to the Project Manager. Provide direct oversight and necessary interaction to ensure compliance with local, state and federal environment regulations. Additionally, keep updated on any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Lead spill and incident investigations, and maintain all current and relevant literature on environmental and related areas. As well act as the “Snow Captain” in the winter time leading a team of employees ensure parking lots and walkways are clear and safe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Environmental Manager is responsible for all aspects of the ISO compliance and the establishment of internal processes/ controls and environmental programs.
- First responder for all environmental and health accidents or incidents.
- Inspect all HAZMAT storage containers, and initiate and complete all environmental reporting requirement and maintain the required information on file for all contract sites.
- Interact daily with contract and government personnel as it pertains to environmental and safety issues.
- Order and track that appropriate environmental supplies are on hand.
- Assist the corporate and administrative office with management of Worker’s Compensation and related issues.
- Initiate and complete all environmental reporting requirement and maintain the required information on file.
- Interact daily with contract personnel as it pertains to environmental safety.
- Work in conjunction with the Safety Manager in support of training the work force and maintaining open communication.
Skills and Qualifications
- Three years’ experience in administrative, professional, analytical or other work related to ISO 14001.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us