Government Pricing Analyst
Location: Newport News, VA, USA
Employment Class: Exempt
Pay Rate/Range: $80,000 - $100,000
Pay Type: Salary
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Government Pricing Analyst must be experienced in Government Cost plus Fixed Fee contracts, job costing and specific emphasis on price proposal development. Additionally, this positon will support the Finance Department in pricing proposals, financial planning, analyzing data, conducting statistical analysis, updating policy and procedures, and performing record-keeping functions, in the management of corporate accounts, preparation and management of budgets, audits, and taxes; assist in the preparation and execution of contracts and subcontracts both as a Prime and subcontractor; providing financial reporting to management, and may supervise employees assigned to the Finance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide oversight for all aspects of contractual/financial planning, control, revenue/margin planning and forecasting.
- Provide estimating, pricing and negotiation support for the various contracts’ opportunities.
- Provide support to government accounting and pricing departments, as necessary, to support customer requests for information.
- Identify strategies that improve the bottom line, managing the financial risks of the Company/Contracts, and with respect to proposals serve as the primary pricing point of contact with key vendors and partners.
- Interface with program management on a regular basis, across numerous programs, to ensure all financial benchmarks, are accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Support Monthly CDRLs as needed.
- Oversee and manage the financial reporting for accuracy and timeliness, including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and reserve analysis.
- Report profitability by product/service and customer.
- Assist the CFO to plan, develop, and implement financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Responsible for accurate and legal financial practices and reporting.
- Assisting the CFO, direct and coordinate the establishment of corporate budgets and presents operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management business, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of government contracting experience.
- Must be familiar with the FAR and DFAR contract types (CPFF, FFP, T&M, etc.).
- Must have demonstrated experience working in a CPFF environment on DoD contracts.
- Experience writing the Cost/Price section of the company’s proposal response to include the Cost Narrative Volume.
- Course work or experience with business management is essential.
- Experience in financial management, strategic planning, budget analysis and development, and account management.
- Knowledge of Government contracting procedures and Federal regulations.
- Understanding of DCAA/DCMA regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of Basic Cost Accounting/Allocation.
- Experience with cost accounting and government regulations and government contracts.
- Project Management Experience.
- Departmental/Division Budget Experience.
- Able to display excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work successfully with considerable independence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work and independently manage multiple, diverse and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; plan and develop meaningful objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create effective collaborations among various levels of staff and work in a team environment.
- Work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- “Mission” focused work ethic.
Marton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Marton Technologies will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Marton Technologies will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Marton Technologies is a drug-free workplace. Employees are prohibited from manufacturing, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, inhalants, or controlled substances in the workplace. Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Marton Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. All reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Committed to Hiring Veterans
Marton Technologies believes in our military veterans. By bringing your strengths and values to our workforce, we aim to be a part in your post-service success. Our military strives for excellence and we take pride in helping our veterans continue to have a positive impact throughout the world.
Who We Are
Want to learn what has keep Marton Technologies growing and how it's becoming a leader in its fields?Learn More About Us